Candle & Resin Care
How to maximise the use of your Ollie & Jax products
A few helpful tips to get the most out of your candles
Firstly, ensure to take a look at our warnings and instructions on the base of the candle or packaging.
Always burn for a minimum of 1 hour to prevent tunneling.
Do not burn for longer than 3 hours for our Travel Tin, Apothecary, Ceramic and Coconut Candles
Before the use of any of our candles ensure to trim the wicks to 5mm and ensure they are upright.
Trimming wicks reduces smoking.
Never use water or a lid to extinguish your candle.
Wooden wicks burn a lirtle differently than traditional cotton wicks do, and there are a few common issues that cause them to not stay lit.
Give your candle enough burning time to develop a melted wax pool that goes all the way to the edge of the container on the first use - this can take up to a few hours, depending on candle size.
Believe it or not, your jar candles have a kind of “wax-memory,” and once a burning pattern has been established, it can be hard to change.
If you don’t allow your candle enough time to form a full melt pool on the first burn, a little depression or “tunnel” may start to form around the wick.
This will make it more difficult for the wax around the edges of the jar to melt, causing the tunneling effect to continue with each burn.
Keep your wood wick trimmed short and free of charred bits For optimal burn, keep your wood wick trimmed to about 3mm, and clean off any burnt wood from previous use.
Do not use resin pieces in microwave.
Resin is stain resistant and is safe to use with all types of foods except curry or foods containing turmeric.
Resin is not intended for use with hot liquids or foods.
Avoid the use of sharp objects or knives on the resin surface.
Hand washing is always recommended for resin.